Dr Valerie’s Body Connection
Online Group Program: terms and conditions
Welcome to the website “OsteoLife Education” where we bring structured and effective group training and resources to start your journey to reconnect to you (www.education.osteolife.com.au), operated by Dr. Valerie Johnston-Dugamin, Osteopath.
I am delighted to welcome you to my bespoke, five-week online group program where you will learn how to reconnect to yourself. Our sessions together will provide you with the insights and guidance that you need to identify what your body is feeling and why, enable trust in your mind-body connection, and Improved self-confidence.
Please note that we may review and change these terms from time to time – any updates will be published on this Website and will take effect from the date of their publication.
About our program
- We offer an online group program that adopts the bespoke structure and curriculum developed by Dr. Valerie, providing you with the guidance, tools, and insights to identify your pain and heal yourself over time.
- Our programs consist of five 1.5-hour online group sessions which will be delivered by Zoom (the recordings of which can be made available to you). Once you have made your booking, you will be provided with access links to each of your sessions and you will be invited to participate in a closed Facebook group in which resources will be shared and questions answered. You will also be provided with the contact details of Dr. Valerie should you need to contact her during your program.
- Please let us know if you have any problem making a booking or if you would like to discuss a payment plan for your participation in the program.
- You represent and warrant to us that all information that you provide to us, including the information provided by you through our account registration or payment gateway, is true and not misleading and does not violate any applicable law or regulation or any person’s intellectual property or other rights.
- All bookings are non-transferable and non-refundable, and we reserve the right to cancel enrolments should you breach any of these terms. We will only provide you with a refund of your enrolment fees if we are unable to provide the services to you. Where this occurs, the refund will be in the proportional amount of the enrolment fee that remains unused.
- If someone other than the person booked in attempts to attend an online session, their access will be denied, or they will be asked to create their own account and enroll in their own program.
Our policies for participation
- Our policies for your participation in our online program are as follows:
- Please conduct yourself with courtesy, respect, and kindness. When we set out requirements for an online session or as part of our closed Facebook group, we ask that you comply with those requirements to ensure that both you and other participants can enjoy and reap the benefits of our sessions, content, and tools to the greatest possible extent.
- Please let us know of any injuries or concerns prior to the program commencing. If at any point before or during a session we consider that you are unfit for the session, pose a risk to yourself or others, or consider that you are otherwise being abusive/threatening/harassing/inflammatory/offensive, then we have the right to ask you to leave the session. Should this occur, we will provide you with access to a recording of the relevant session.
- Out of consideration for us, other participants, and your safety, if you arrive at your online session more than 10 minutes late, we reserve the right to refuse you participating. If this occurs, we will provide you with access to a recording of the relevant session.
- To protect your health and safety, we ask that you listen carefully to all our instructions both before and during the session.
- While our program is perfect for those of you in good physical and mental health, we recommend that you consult with a physician before starting any new body awareness or mindfulness program. If you experience any pain or discomfort during the program, stop participating immediately and seek medical attention.
We will only provide you with a refund if we are unable to provide the relevant service or if we otherwise decide, in our sole discretion.
We understand that sometimes unforeseen circumstances arise from time to time. If something should arise for you which means that you cannot attend a session in which you are enrolled, we ask that you cancel your attendance at least 24 hours before the start time for that session. If you cancel your attendance, we will provide you with access to a recording of the relevant session.
Your online sessions cannot be rescheduled. You may have right to claim a refund under the Australian Consumer Law.
Where applicable, refunds will be processed via our billing agent via the original method of payment (unless that original method is no longer available, in which case our billing agent will provide us with the funds which we will then transfer to you). While we will endeavour to process your refund within 7 days from our receipt of your notification, that time may be extended if circumstances outside of control arise.
Looking after your health and safety
- Congratulations on taking an important step in optimising your physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing. We are delighted to be a part of your journey but we remind you that this is YOUR journey and so you need to make some commitments to yourself to look after your own health, safety, and wellbeing.
- You understand that while this program is an important building block to your developing greater physical awareness and overall health and wellbeing, you will need to implement the learnings both during and after the program to reap the benefits. There is no quick fix, this will take work and Dr. Valerie is here to support you and guide you.
- You understand that it is your responsibility to judge your physical and mental capabilities and to ensure that when participating in any services, that you will not exceed your limits. You warrant that you are in good health and in a proper physical and mental condition to participate in our activities and you agree that if at any time you believe conditions to be unsafe, you will immediately stop further participation in the activity.
- You waive, release, and forever discharge us from all responsibilities or liability from injuries or damages resulting from your participation in such activities and programs.
- What our program and tools mean to us
- We are incredibly proud of our online program and associated tools that we offer to help and empower you to get in tune with your body and prevent unwanted stress, pain, and tension. Reconnect and feel in control, energised, healthy, and happy.
- Our offerings represent the culmination of training, expertise, and ongoing journey of Dr Valerie. While we are incredibly proud to share these insights, tools, and learnings to assist everyone on their journey to optimise physical, mental, and emotional health, we can only do so if all participants help protect our assets.
- Where you are provided with access to a recording of our online sessions or otherwise provided with access to our tools, we simply ask that you:
- understand that our recording and tools are for personal use only and so please do not share them.
- do not sell or distribute our content or tools (any breach of this requirement could amount to an infringement of our copyright and
- other intellectual property rights).
- maintain the confidentiality and privacy of all participants in your program.
The Boring Legal Stuff
- This agreement cannot be assigned.
- We each agree that this agreement is fair and reasonable and if anything is found to be void, voidable, or unenforceable, it will be taken to be severed from these terms.
- Any failure, delay, or omission by us to exercise any power or right under these terms will not operate as a waiver of that power or right.
- We will not have any liability under or be deemed to be in breach of these terms for any delays or failures in performance of these terms which result from circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Each party to these terms must execute and do any deeds and other things reasonably necessary to carry out the provisions of these terms or to make them easier to enforce.
- While the parties are confident that no disputes will arise under or in relation to these terms, to the extent that any dispute or difference of opinion does arise, each party will meet to discuss the matter at a mutually convenient time (not more than 14 days following notification of the dispute) and place to discuss and resolve the matter. The parties each agree to act in a respectful manner and in good faith in negotiating any matters of dispute.
- We warrant that we will use reasonable care and skill in performing the services and to the standard generally accepted within the industry, sector, or profession in which we operate for the type of services that we provide. We provide no warranty that any result or objective can or will be achieved or attained at all or by a given completion date or any other date, whether stated in these terms or elsewhere.
- You accept these terms and engage in the program with the understanding that you are responsible for making your own decisions and implementing any practices or guidance provided by us as part of the services. Our liability under or in connection with these terms whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise will not exceed the payments by you to us under these terms, and in no case will we be liable for any indirect or consequential loss.